Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Chicken.. It's What's for Dinner! (and lunch,, and breakfast)

Pup was urping on the big hunks of chicken he swallowed when I gave him whole backs, so we're grinding. I must have a good wife to let me deflower her KitchenAide like that! Yeah, that scrunched up 'eeeewwww' face you're making right now.. I made that face the entire time.



I think this will be the last week for ground chicken. Hopefully my butcher will have the chix necks this week; I've been waiting about a month for them. He can get backs, but necks are difficult for some reason. Is there some neckless breed of chickens that I don't know about? Seems to me that where there is a back, there should be a neck. *shrug*

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally got my necks!! Well, not really.. I picked them up and the butcher says "the supplier couldn't get just necks, so they're mixed necks and backs." No problem. I just need enough necks for about a week.

    After unpacking the 40 lbs of chicken I have exactly 56 backs and exactly 0 necks. WTF!!

    I'm going to try for turkey necks. I think they still make turkeys with necks-- we'll find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wierd, it changes a '0' (zero) to an 'o' (lowercase o)

    ReplyDelete